I happen to be up far too late putting off sleep because I dread all the work I have to do tomorrow, so I figured now's as good a time as any to get Mar off my back. (Love ya, Mar-- appreciate the encouragement. Also, you'd love that we talked about The Hero With a Thousand Faces in my film theory class yesterday...)
Oi. If this first week was any representation of the rest of my semester, then I may end up drowning in my own life-bile (sorry, I get morbid at night). On the bright side, I'm INCREDIBLY happy with what I've got going on at the moment-- I'm taking an advanced directing course from one of my favorite professors (and an advanced screenwriting class, and a film theory course, and an editing course, and (randomly) a modern dance course), I'm one of 4 directors picked for a TV advertising production class in which I'll direct a professional (ish) ad that will be submitted to festivals come spring, and I'm going into my second year as a president for Divine Comedy. On the dark side, things are looking a little overly demanding and frightening at the moment. But it's pretty exciting stuff, so I don't feel like I can complain.
Aside from DC and classes, I'm also working on my capstone script, which I need to have ready in just over a month. It's a musical, thriller, satirical, zombie-like, comedic amalgamation of genres that may end up being a hot mess that gets bagged and tagged. But I'll keep you guys posted.
Also, speaking of Divine Comedy a paragraph ago, we've got auditions next week. It's always a nerve-racking process, but it's also sort of incredibly fun. Last year we had over 100 people try out and we're expecting more this year-- in fact, our faculty adviser seems to think that the numbers might double after our popularity sky-rocketed last winter. Crazy stuff. In any case, I love auditions. You've gotta go into them with the right attitude, for sure--- it's a total crap shoot. Some people are so awful that the awkwardness makes me want to return to the womb. Others are incredible. Most of them are somewhere in between though-- a good idea but no stage presence, great body type and energy but unfortunately no idea how to structure a sentence, etc. etc. This year I'm crossing my fingers for a fat black guy. Or fat black twins. Can you imagine? It'd be glorious... But yeah, we'll probably end up with another skinny white guy with no specific identifying features.
Well, I'm afraid that's about all I can afford tonight, since I desperately need to be productive tomorrow so I can catch up in my classes that I'm somehow already behind in. I love you all, and I hope everyone recovered from the semi-bloodbath that was HTC this year. :) God speed, and looking forward to the rest of the posts!
1 comment:
As always a life too full but somehow very satisfying. Have a wonderful semester. Get some rest.
Post a Comment