Okay. So I have been trying to explore the depth of this system we have here. I thought we'd be able to post albums somehow, but that doesn't seem to work. But I have opened up an rkeverton account on www.fotki.com . So when you want to share photographs with all of us, all you need to do is log onto our fotki account and upload your pictures there. You can upload many at a time so if you have hundreds worth, you can put them online in huge chunks. I'd recommend about 50 at a time. Depending on your connection speed that should take about 90 seconds per batch.
in the interest of demonstration, I took the liberty of posting Me and Ksenia's Wedding photo's... well most of them. I'll put the rest up soon. Just click this handy dandy link and.... VIOLA! Pictures :)
For those of you want to log in and try uploading pictures you can access our account with this information:
Login ID: rkeverton
Password: tmzbhm (first initials of all the children... duh)
In order to upload pictures just follow these simple directions:
1. Once you are logged into www.Fotki.com, on the left side of the page, click on 'Photo Albums'.
2. Then Click on 'Create New Album'.
3. Fill in the necessary information to label the album (not all the fields are required) and click 'Create Album' at thhe bottom of the screen.
4. Now that you have a new album it should show up on the screen. Click on the 'add photos' link. This should take you to a screen that will give you different options for uploading.
5. The easiest one to use is the Windows XP Publishing Wizard. Click on the 'Fotoki.exe' link and follow the directions to download it.
6. Now install it by clicking on the Fotoki.exe icon that should've been downloaded to your desktop.
7. From here it is easy. You go to the file folder where the pictures are that you want to upload. Highlight the ones you want. Then under the 'File and Folder Tasks' section there is a link called 'Publish this file to the web'.
8. Now follow the directions in the wizard, and soon, your pictures will be posted.
Have fun!
Wednesday, November 15, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment