Sunday, May 22, 2011

Week #2 for Everton Family Updates!

Hi Family,

Well we’re on to week two!! Thanks SOOOO much for all the updates received. We just need to get one more family on board and I’m sure they’ll join us this week.....right? I’m thinking, this may really work!!! Let’s keep it up and see if this helps keep us connected.

Again, I’m open to any suggestions if you think we can improve on this somehow. Its just my dream that we stay close and know what’s going on in each other’s lives.

Here are our Weekly Updates for this week:

* I had my CT Scan and it turned out completely normal. They were trying to make sure I was healing all right from my surgery and the infection I was having wasn’t related to recovery from surgery. It is just a bladder infection and the third antibiotics I took FINALLY started working. I’m almost 100% better.

* Dad is still doing AWESOME on his diet and he’s feeling really great about it! He lost another 4 lbs. this week. He has Saturday’s as his splurge day and Beau and I have been enjoying eating out with him on that day. This week we met him at Dave’s Famous BBQ for lunch and then Beau and I went to a movie that offered Descriptive Audio which made it very enjoyable for both of us. We saw “Something Borrowed”. It was a cute show.

* Beau goes in tomorrow for his first visit with the Neuro-Psychologist we found. We are really looking forward to this appointment. I’ll report next week how it went. He also, saw a Physical Therapist and a Occupational Therapist at the Outpatient Rehab Center at OHSU he’s been going to seeing a Speech Therapist for the past few months. They did an evaluation and have determined that he can benefit from working with them. This has really ramped up his appointments because all three of those Therapists want to see him weekly. With the Commission for the Blind twice a week, it makes for a pretty busy week. But it feels good to be making progress and getting him all the help he needs to try to improve his quality of life.

* I’m starting The Cleanse diet, Hailey told me about. I need something to get me off the plateau I’ve been on for over a month. I can’t seem to lose anything and I’ve been trying really hard. (Dad’s splurge days, may not be helping me, too much). We’ll see how the Cleanse goes. Tomorrow it starts and it’s all fruit tomorrow! I’ve started back this week onto my training for Hood to Coast since my surgery. I need to catch up to where I was before surgery. Hopefully it won’t take too long.

* We’re making progress on our front yard, but it’s pretty slow. Harold Clark kind of has his own time frame and we really don’t know when he’s going to show up next. It may take some time, but it will happen. All the arborvitae are gone from between Bill and our house and he’s also been taking down that little brick wall we built.

Well, that’s our news! I love you all and hope to hear from all of you again!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Hey guys...

This week will be a busy one, as we are expecting house guests on Thursday night through the weekend. Hollie and her main squeeze (John Zavertnik) are coming to visit, and assist us with some free labor in the yard. She and John have been dating a few months, and things seem to be going well.

Saturday is a big day for our friend and neighbor, Barbie, as she is getting baptized. She and her husband have been receiving the missionary lessons in our home. It has been neat to see her progression and desire to be baptized. It has also been a huge blessing for us to have the missionaries teaching in our home.

We enjoyed a week of sunny weather. It even got into the 70's, which provided lots of opportunities to get to the park, which hasn't been much of an option over the last 7 months.

Melissa recently started running again. She has loved getting back on the trails. She is still mourning missing out on H2C this year, but is excited to hear about your training!

Kimball secured tickets to the BYU/Texas game this September. He is making the trip with Kyle, and a couple friends from BYU. He is looking forward to the trip, but is nervous about flying home from George W Bush Intl airport on the 10th anniversary of September 11th. He is considering taking box cutters or exploding shoes just in case...(Just kidding Mr. CIA agent).

Mal - We enjoyed your video. Looking forward to seeing what you do next. Some mid-90s rap would be cool. Maybe Warren G???

Ksensia - Lets make this blog private, so you give us some juicy details on the crazy student.

Welcome to your 30's, Zach. Once you accept that your youth is dead, it's really not that bad. It could be worse....you could be in your late 30's like Trav, Mar, and most of the guys that Mal dates. :)

Looking forward to your updates!

Drew said...

Sorry for slacking on this already Mom. I will get in the habit soon enough.

We had an unusual week due to the tornado activity around here. Let me tell you all, I could do without those sirens and tornados touching down 15 minutes from us, for the rest of my life. Nonetheless, we are grateful for those sirens and hope the worst is behind us for tornado season here. Everyone around here says its the worst they have seen in 13 years, and with no actual tornadoes causing damage here in Shawnee, I guess it could be much worse. Joplin worse. Our stake here has put together truck loads of Joplin relief supplies, its amazing and inspiring to see.

So tornado warnings and crazy weather have really been the highlight around here. Other than that, our office did great selling this week and is showing great potential. Sadly, Drews allergies have reared their ugly head and he is miserable. (just started today). We will see how he survives June. He continues to work like a mad man.....we would expect nothing less right?

Mae has her first best friend. Her name is Hailey. Funny little story about her. For some reason even though Hailey and I have the same name, she addresses me as Mama Kitty whenever she comes to play. Its hilarious but her mom and I have no idea where she got it from. Her and Mae and Jonah LOVE playing together, its so cute to see. Poor Jonah needs another boy to play with though.

Jonah is just growing up too fast. He looks like such a little boy. We gave him his.....I don't know, thousandth haircut today. So cute! He may be growing up pretty quick but he still has that cute baby fat going on. His feet are so chubby still I can hardly fit flip-flops on him. And finding church shoes is a whole other story. He is doing great talking, saying little 3 or 4 word sentences. He has a little lisp going on that is half cute, half makes me nervous he will always have a lisp. haha Not too worried.

As for me, the tornado weather threw off my htc training a bit, but by the end of the week I got back on track. Still love that I'm running again, it feels good and is such an awesome stress reliever. I love that running does that for me. Too bad baking does too. :)

We love you guys. Hope all is going well and that you all continue to comment on here. Its great hearing a much more frequent update.

Peace out from Tornado Alley

Drew said...

oh and if you couldn't tell, this is hailey....just realized I'm on drews name