The highlight of our week was the Garvin Family coming to Portland to have Taylor blessed. They arrived Friday night late and stayed at Hollie’s. Kyle and Bristol drove up for the blessing and were driving back on Sunday morning so they wanted to be able to see them as much as possible.

The blessing was scheduled for 2:30 on Friday afternoon at our home. Bishop Knowlton from our ward came over and participated in the blessing. Jack and Bambi were here and Zach, Ksenia and kids. Hollie brought her boyfriend, John, also. Kimball gave a wonderful blessing! We took pictures and had light refreshments. Then everyone went home to change and prepare food for further festivities in the evening. Kennedy’s birthday was really on Sunday, but we were having her family birthday celebration Saturday evening.
Kennedy was pretty excited about her birthday and seemed to LOVE hearing everyone singing Happy Birthday to her......unitl...she thought Lucas was going to blow out her candles and then this is what happened.....
She was soon reassured and returned to her happy, excited self and blew out the candles!!!
* For other news, Dr. Grief called me back and has said she is close to a plan of action for Beau. She wants to have him come in for another appointment to do some more specific testing to pinpoint exactly what she thinks his issues are. Then the following week she will meet with Dad and I and go over everything that she has found and set up what she feels needs to happen next.
Beau also met his new Primary Care Physician this week, Dr. Lenhart. She just took over the patients for Dr. Lang who he had before. Dad went with Beau to the appointment so I haven’t met her, but it sounded like she will be good. This appointment was just to get acquainted so a relationship will all ready be established before he actually needs to come in. He has had pain in his feet, especially his left foot. She examined him and said it is plantar facitis. We’re working on some icing and using a tennis ball to massage the area.
* We met with Harold and have set up Phase II for our new front yard. We are actually going to tear up our driveway and the front sidewalk and repour them. We will also get the stumps ground in the yard and we have decided to build a short rock wall in the front because the yard slopes down and it will make a place to let us build it up and level it out more...plus we think it will add character to the yard. There will be a space in front of the wall to plant flowers. We are also having raised garden boxes built for the side yard and have the sprinkler system hooked up to them. He said we should have them ready to grow something in this season!
* This is my last full week of school with kids. They are officially out next Tuesday. Then I will just work 1/2 days until the 24th. It’s getting very close and then my fun summer will begin. It is great having a job that I get summers off. Can’t beat it!
Well, I hope you all can post and update this week. I sure look forward to reading your comments and updates about your family. I hope you all do! Have a wonderful week!!!
4 comments:
It was really fun to see the Garvins this week, including Kyle and Brystol. I was especially thrilled to finally meet Taylor -- he is such a pleasant and chill baby! A cutie too, I love that photo of him that you (Colleen) posted.
We don't have a lot to report. Zach says that the crazy work hours should end by Tuesday, and he will return to a more normal schedule. We are all looking forward to that.
I'm giving my final this week and then the quarter is over! I will only be teaching one lecture in the summer.
We have been dealing with a pretty challenging phase with Lucas, especially sleep wise (check out my blog). He's been testing us considerably and loves to do exactly what he's told not to do. Thank goodness for toy cars and trains (especially the movie "Cars" characters) as they serve as a good bribe. By the way, if anyone can find "The King" toy -- the blue character from the first movie -- we can't find him in any store :( yeah... I think I'm way too into these... but they are so cute!
How did we hang out there most of the weekend and not get in a single picture? I promise we were there.
Hey, Fam!
Our news for last week mostly revolved around preparing to go to Portland and then going to Portland. We had a great time seeing everyone and appreciated all the help with Taylor's blessing and celebrating Kennedy's birthday. We especially enjoyed seeing Kyle and Brystol who drove all the way from Provo for the weekend. They are fast approaching the end of their honeymoon period, but are going to be the cutest little parents to their little London.
We are busy, busy with end of school year activities and anticipating summer. I am trying to save some info for next weeks post, which I promise will be longer. Maybe we will even include some pictures of our finished tile floor!
Love you all...Melissa and Kimball and kiddos
Sorry for the late post but I still made it!
We (and by We, I mean Mae, Jonah and I. Poor Drew is obviously still selling and babysitting salesmen.) are just livin' it up in Tornado Alley beating the heat with slip 'n slides and trips to the farm to feed the animals and get an ice cream cone. Ok so going to the farm doesn't help beat the heat but throwing in the ice cream always helps cool us off.
It is SO HOT! Sticky HOT! I'm sure I don't know the extent of it yet. We are pretty accustomed to the dry heat but this humidity throws another twist into hotness. YIKES.
Drew is doing great selling consistently everyday. That is AMAZING on top of all the other things he is doing, he still pulls out at least one a day. The office has really started selling! Our office has half the amount of guys in it compared to the other 2 offices with Edge. We sell the same amount or more than those offices. I attribute that to Drew and how well he has managed these guys as well as the fasting and prayers we have focused on our success here. On top of it all, Drew has had very little problems with his allergies as long as he consistently takes is meds. We are just in aw, since this year is predicted to be one of the worst for those with allergies. A HUGE blessing for Drew.
I have been trying my hardest to keep training for the htc. Its happening but not as often as I need it to. A work in progress.
Mae is loving playing with her bff Hailey. She has a slip 'n slide at her house that is the main attraction for them right now. Mae is still very much into dress up, purses, necklaces, and all things girl. Her and Jonah are still not playing well together yet. But I have hopes that it will come. Jonah needs to get over his "take everything from Mae and throw it down the stairs then run" phase. I admit I am SOOOOOO tired of breaking up fights between them. I know, it will get better.
Jonah is getting to be such a little boy. My baby is gone! :( He tries to keep up with Mae and Hailey best he can. He has been giving us a run for our money during sacrament meeting but we can't complain because he goes to nursery so well.
I am doing the usual. Running, taking the kids out, trying to keep the other wives happy here.
We love you all and wish we could have been around for the festivities with the Garvins. Can't wait to meet Taylor. Can't believe Kennedy is 3 already and that Mae is next. I will have a 3 year old?! She is excited for her birthday. She says she wants red for her birthday. She orignially wanted a red cake as well but has changed her mind to pink for now. haha
peace out
Hailey, Drew, Mae and Jonah
Post a Comment