Sunday, June 12, 2011

Everton Updates!!




I thought I’d show you some “before” pictures because our yard is about as tore up as it can get right now. They just ground the stumps this week and started breaking up the sidewalk in the front, so hopefully now, all the work they do will be to improve. I guess it will get worse....I forgot we are re-pouring our driveway, also. But soon....I hope....our yard will start looking better and we’ll show you the progress as it comes.

* Thanks to all of you who posted updates last week. It was so great to hear from you. I know Mal was having finals this week and Travis is on his motorcycle trip with his friend, John. So, hopefully we will hear from them next week???

* I am getting so close to starting my summer and being off work. This week I work 3 full days and then have Thursday and Friday off (Budget Reduction Days), then work 1/2 days through the end of next week and then it’s summer break for me!!!! I can’t wait.

* Beau saw his Speech Therapist, Jenny, this week and had a great session with her. She worked with him on extended attention exercises helping him to focus on tasks longer. She gave us some exercises to work with him on at home. One of them, we’ve had fun working on is, name as many things in a certain category as you can in a minute. The more we do them, the more I see an improvement. It’s seems to be a great exercise in just stimulating his thought process. (It’s good exercise for my thought process, too!) Her intent is to help him focus on things that will keep him from being distracted by his hallucinations. He has an appointment with the Neuro-Pyschologist on Tuesday to do some more detailed and specific testing.

* I took Beau to Roadrunners yesterday to buy him a new pair of running shoes. He’s been diagnosed with Plantar Facitis. It was an interesting experience for him to try on shoes and go through the process they go through to choose the right shoe for you and be blind. His comment was that he realized that for the first time, how the shoe looked made absolutely no difference to him....he realized how it felt was all that mattered. I tried to reassure him that they looked great, but I’m sure he doesn’t completely trust "his mother’s" opinion on fashion for him. But when it came down to it...it didn’t matter.

* Beau has 3 friends that come to visit him most every week. Ryan Wilkinson has always come to visit him weekly ever since he got out of the hospital last year. Now Nathan Fletcher comes every Wednesday and Paul Fisher has started coming regularly to visit, as well. It’s been wonderful to have them come. They are all so good for him. He looks forward to their visits.

That’s about all of our news. I look forward to hearing about your week! Love to you all!

Mom


2 comments:

Melissa said...

Hey! Thought we would give a quick update on our family. We had a busy week of wrapping up the school year and getting ready for summer to start.

Last week McKay had a field trip to the Point Defiance Zoo in Tacoma which Kennedy, Taylor and I crashed. I couldn't come as a chaperone since I had to bring Taylor but McKay's teacher said no one could keep me from just happening to be at the zoo that day. We enjoyed seeing sights there and going around with all McKay's little friends. So cute!

Kayla had a field trip this week to see tide pools at Seahurst Park. It was not quite to baby friendly so we were unable to join her. Sounded like she had a blast though.

McKay's last day of Kindergarten was on Thursday and Kayla has a half day on Monday and then we are FINALLY done! I know the Utahns have been done for a week or two which I was always so jealous of growing up.

Kimball successfully got our toilet functioning which you might have seen on FACEBOOK where he decided to post a picture of it! He went through so much to get that up and running he was incredibly proud of that accomplishment. Still some sealing, caulking, and mounting of base boards to do and then that project is complete! So proud of my fix it man husband!! He has a little Tim the Tool Man Taylor in him I have decided...

We went to 3 birthday parties today and both Kimball and I are preparing lessons for tomorrow so it has been a busy day! Kayla and McKay are singing with their friends Lydia and Ellie in church tomorrow for Father's Day. They are actually singing one verse of the song just the 2 of them! They are so cute...a little pitchy...but so cute! Pitchy is cute at that age right?

Taylor is continuing to amaze us with his sleeping habits and low key nature. We are enjoying every minute of it knowing it could change at any moment. What a sweet little boy he is!

Well there is a little update on us! Sorry so late! Hope to hear from others soon!

Kimball, Melissa and Clan

Ksenia said...

We have had a good week. Zach's schedule is only slightly less hectic, but I'll take what I can get.

With only a little help from professionals, we got our hard in order this week. It's nothing spectacular, but the bushes are no longer overtaking our yard. Although it's a loud yard, it's a big yard for kids to run around in. Lucas and his friends love running around and playing on our new play structure.

Zach and I are making some lifestyle changes in order to reduce waste and clutter in our lives. You can read more about it on my blog.

Anya finally started to sleep better at night! Unfortunately Lucas has started waking up crying and won't go back to sleep unless someone is in his room with him. I Have no idea why he's doing this but it's really exhausting. I'm hoping it's a short phase.

We miss hearing from the Utah family members... Everyone is busy but it'd be fun to stay in touch.

We are looking forward to seeing everyone in a few weeks.