Milestone #1: After attending some form of higher education for the better part of the last 6 years, i logged onto PDX.edu one last time to check my final grades as a full time student. From here on out grades will be received in the singular form, otherwise known as "grade". One last grade stands between me and freedom to call myself a bachelor of science. I find it somewhat ironic that they would refer to it as a "B.S." seeing as I used that term to describe several of my assignments throughout the last few years. Hopefully no one will accuse me of being full of that substance or anything equally as smelly. Their giving me a degree and unleashing me on the world. Seems irresponsible of someone, but I guess they gotta trust me with being a full fledged adult at some point...
speaking of becoming a full fledged adult... moving on to...
Milestone #2: After a frustrating experience with one of the largest car dealerships in the metro area where we ended up being told that we were not quite good enough to buy the car we wanted (sure, that's not what they said, but the sleazy car salesman had it written all over his face) and that we should by this other car (which we were not interested in but the salesman seemed to want off of his lot very badly)... we found our car!

I have to admit, i had almost given up on craigslist. Either we would find an ad that was too good to be true and find out that the car had been purchase before we could even respond, or we would find an ad that was too good to be true and find out that it really was too good to be true.. in fact it was a blatant lie and a scam. But today craigslist held in store for us something we did not realize was possible, our 2003 Honda Civic. It is crimson, much like the tide of yesteryear. Drives very nice, and smells better than the one we thought we wanted the day before. We are going to celebrate our newfound transportational freedom by taking a road trip to see Travis, Margaret, Will, and Jane in California for the weekend. Hopefully we'll be eating at the stinking rose by friday night... then we will truly be celebrating.
There are many other things to blog about, but I'll save that fodder for other days and times when I am less sleepy. Hope all are well with you peoples we love.
3 comments:
Yay for cars that smell nice and get you to California. Congrats on all the exciting things happening!
That's great news. Hopefully you are still on Bob and Colleen's insurance!
Zachy J, you rock thanks for the blog. CONGRATS on the car and we wish we could join you in California. But I have been more than happy to steal mom and mal away from you guys for a little bit. Have an awesome trip, I hope the car treats you well and the gas prices don't hurt too much! Love you guys!
Post a Comment