
I wear a white polo shirt and khaki pants to work every day. I carry a clip board up to each door. I use a big long hose and spray a barrier around peoples homes to protect them from pests. I don't wear a green vest and skirt with green knee-high socks. I don't carry cookies around door to door. And I am NOT 12 years old! But as I go up to peoples doors everyday to let them know we are there to service there home I get several surprised looks and hear things like, "Oh I thought you were selling cookies." Or "How old are you, you look like your 12?"(sometimes I get 14, if I'm lucky 18) Or "You're spraying? Does your dad own the company or something?" I hear it on average about 5 to 8 times a day.
I can't say that I totally enjoy the young comments but I know down the road from now I will really appreciate them. I was thinking this week that I owe a lot to mom for me looking so young. So mom this is a blog tributed to you and your young looks. You look 10 years younger than you are! And since I was SO blessed to look just like you I am blessed to look young as well. Maybe I should have waited to do this blog on your birthday but I just wanted you to know that you look great and I think you are beautiful and you really do look 10 years younger than you are. I am glad that we have young looks in the genes. Every time I hear those comments I just think "I'm glad I look like my mom." It makes me feel better. And then I wish I had some girl scout cookies to eat. Samoas and tag-alongs make me feel better too. haha
4 comments:
Wow! You've made my day (no my month or possibly my year!!!) Thanks, Hailey, I love you, too!!!
The women in the RK Everton family look flatteringly young. And the men in the RK Everton family tend to marry women who look young. Margaret and Melissa both look far too youthful to have two children... and most people guess me to be about 15 (except for the Hawaiians... at 17, I looked 25 to them). Even my mom commended on Colleen looking incredibly young for her age. Let's continue to eat our vegetables and put on sun block and see how long we can pull this off.
P.S. Mallory... she looks 17.
Wait... you're selling cookies?... where can I get the cookies?
Z I'm glad you and I share the same love of girl scout cookies and cookies in general. Yet I am still happy I am not a girl scout at age 22 and that I am not going around door to door in Las Vegas selling cookies. I do rather enjoy making them though and wish you were here to get in on the goods.
Post a Comment