Monday, August 27, 2007

The Devil is in The Details... and so is Jon Plett, on Vocals and Guitar

Ksenia and I had our first ever family planning meeting yesterday. It reminded me of when we were kids and it seemed like half of what we would do for FHE was just sit down and figure out how everyone was going to get to where they needed to go, and do everything they needed to do for the week. That was certainly a complicated ordeal, but I figured there would be many years and many babies before we'd have to sit down and correlate our schedules like that. Funny how life seems to complicate itself, without us really having to change much at all. I guess trying to leave the country for two weeks, the same two weeks that lead out of my internship (which is putting on some final pressure) and into school starting again, wasn't really meant to be an easy transition.

Of course with complication comes stress, and with stress comes worry, and i'm really not even sure what i'm worried about. I will say this, I sort of miss the "laize fare" (however you spell that) way of living. Do you remember, when you would just sort of let each day run its course and you'd just ride the current wherever it took you, as long as it wasn't into deep trouble? Or was it just me? Maybe I've led my life a little too passively, but I kind of liked that feeling. I don't get it much anymore, but I get some of it back when I listen to songs like this from The Details.

Always, Always, Always, Never - The Details (

4 comments:

Ksenia said...

It's crazy how life became exponentially more complicated when we got married. For the last several weeks there has been something to do or somewhere to go every single night of week.

I got a little nervous yesterday when I realized that you are much more stressed and worried than I am. Maybe it has been a greater contrast from the laissez-faire life for you... or maybe you're feeling the effects of being married to a somewhat intense woman :) As long as you have the time and will to find great new songs life this one -- I know you're ok enough.

Margaret Everton said...

You guys rock.

Anonymous said...

Z, I know exactly what you're talking about. There is something about marriage I think that complicates the process of feeling like you can just ride each day out (like I used to do as well). I am still figuring out why I have to worry so much. I think part of it is that what I do doesn't just effect myself anymore and with marriage came more responsibility. But I think most of it is that Satan has a hay day with me and wants me to be miserable. But oh, I will conquer!
Love you guys, good luck with all the transitioning. It will all work out, it always does.

Colleen said...

Dad & I love it when we see you kids go through these transitions. It's not that we like to see you miserable, we just know it's an intense time of growth and that you're going through the natural processes of life. Whenever you're uncomfortable it means change is happening and change usually means growth. The important thing through this process is to remember where your greatest source of strength is, and I know you do, which brings us an immeasurable amount of joy.