Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Love and Kababs



Nothing says "I love you" like eating with your hands from a communal bowl and watching a belly dancer as you gorge yourself for five consecutive courses. And nothing is more romantic than paying for the same meal 10 bucks more than any other night. Oh well. Maybe it's not a typical V-day; I still love our tradition (two years in a row counts as a tradition, right?) of going to Marrakesh for dinner with fun people. It combines three of my favorite things: food, friends, and pillows.

This year, unfortunately, Zach did not grace us with a duet with the belly dancer, but he did design a new safety feature on the skewers that carried my kebabs (see photo). For this our waitress was very grateful. I love you Zach -- you're so innovative!



I know these pictures are a disgrace, but I forgot to charge my camera battery and had only a few seconds to take photos before it died. Apparently not enough time to adjust my flash. On the photo above, L to R: Mandee, Greg, AJ, Georgia, Zach, Me, Dan, Courtney.

If you are shooting for a REALLY special Valentine's next year: forget the diamonds and the lingerie and have a kebab!

6 comments:

{jane} said...

That looks like so much fun, I am totally jealous that I don't know of a place like that around here!!!

Kaedi said...

I'm so happy to see this blog rockin' again! Looks like a fun Valentine's night -- a communal bowl? Really? Bring on the purel.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun night! THANKS FOR BLOGGING! Cruise blog coming soon....

Drew said...

Haha, that place looks great. Do you guys like the food?

Ksenia said...

Jane and Kaedi -- when you finally come for a visit then you can check out this fun little place. I think you'd both like it.

Drew -- we love the food. It's pretty normal, I think most would enjoy it.

Colleen said...

I'm glad you had such a fun Valentine's Day. Dad and I were at Parent Preview Night for Mal's play, "Chicago". It was very fun, but not your typical Valentine's date. (Be prepared to have your sister knock your socks off when you come to see her play!!!!!)