Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Hello??? Is anybody home?

For weeks now I've been checking up with you guys and 98038 - where are the posts?!? I'm breaking the blog silence and filling you in on the latest happenings here on the Upper East Side.


During the past several months we've been consumed with two things: B-school applications and Sydney. There likely won't be any news on the school front for a few months, so I'll dedicate this post to Sydney's "firsts."

The most exciting one for me is that our darling girl slept for 8 consecutive hours last night for the first time. I haven't had THAT much sleep since I was 7 months pregnant!


Sydney has her first "friend-that-is-a-boy." He's 3 weeks older, 6 lbs heavier, and definitely into solid foods -- waaaay out of her league. She's kinda enamored with him and puts her fist in her mouth every time she sees him.

In her short 4 months, most of her hair fell out leaving a little sprig on top. Naturally, this prompted her first-ever hairdo:


And finally, we captured her laughing for the first time on video. When she gets super tired, she gets a little slap-happy, so all laughing bouts quickly transform into crying. You can see it starting to happen at the end -- we get such a kick out of it. Pay no attention to my annoying voice in the background:


4 comments:

Hailey said...

Kaedi! Thanks for breaking the silence. We needed it! And Sydney is so dang cute! I hope more blogs will come from everyone now that Kaedi has sparked it up again.

Drew said...

the laughing was great! Thanks Kaedi!

Ksenia said...

Like you said on your blog, if people don't comment, it's not very fun to blog. The Evertons can be huge SLACKERS in the blogging department.

Love Sydney with her tuft of hair. And her eyes are gorgeous!

Colleen said...

Kaedi, thanks for waking us up. I'm still a little slow responding, but I'm getting there. We all saw each other during Christmas and quit blogging for a few weeks and it's been tough getting it back into our habits. I miss it so much so we need to do better.

Sydney is so adorable. Thanks for sharing the video. I miss not seeing her in person so much so its the next best thing to being there, and there's just something about a baby laughing or smiling, you just can't help but laugh and smile back.