Tuesday, March 27, 2007

"Chicago, Chicago, that toddlin' town"


Wanted to let everyone know that Travis got accepted to the University of Chicago! We're excited to have such a wonderful option. Here are some fun facts about the university, and check out more at www.uchicago.edu.

Incorporated: 1890
Founder: John D. Rockefeller
Motto: Let knowledge grow from more to more; and so be human life enriched.
Campus: 211 acres
Nobel laureates: More than 70 Nobel Prize winners are/have been associated with the University.

9 comments:

Zach said...

Let us (my wife included) be the first to congratulate you on your wonderful news! It must feel good to have such a great opportunity. Chicago seems like it would be a really cool place to live(despite all the smog and the fabled wind) with all of its history. We're still praying for Stanford, but Chicago sounds pretty cool too. Congrats!

Colleen said...

Congratulations! Congratulations! Congratulations! I couldn't be happier for you, Trav. It's nice to have a sure thing that will probably give you options to choose from.

Dad E. said...

Congratulations. UofC is certainly a great school. It will be much easier to enjoy the process of picking a school with this great option already available to you. May the Lord's blessings continue to be with you and your family. Love you....Dad

Ksenia said...

I am super excited for you guys! I know Margaret was probably just as nervous and anxious as Travis. University of Chicago is such an awesome school (70 Nobel Prize winners!!!), you are really going places! Congrats!

Travis said...

Thanks guys! Got in to UCLA yesterday, too. Nice to have options, but here's hoping I get the nod at Standford!

Zach said...

Now you've got em... they're fighting over you. If applying to Business School is anything like dating.. then I can tell you from experience, this is a very good thing. Try to make out with UCLA ot Chicago next time Stanford is in the room. It will totally make Stanford want you even more. Just gotta know how to play the games.

Melissa said...

Congrats, Trav! I can't wait to here what the final decision is on all of this! Still in our prayers...

Kimball said...

Zachy.....you took the words out of my mouth. Stanford loves the bad boy.

Travis said...

Hahaha! I love the dating analogy. Thanks for the advice brother!