I wrote this poem in about 10 minutes today, as I pondered the way I "Get" to spend my spring break at work doing, virtually nothing of value. So, here's to a having a positive attitude... even when i'd rather wollow in my own boredom and disatisfaction:At work, I sit by a window. Not the nicest you ever will see.
But, I've got a great view of the city, full of places where I'd rather be.
There are buses and cars, trav-el-ing very far... so much further than I can now flee.
You see just down below me there's nothing. The same people pass day by day.
I can't help but feel bored here, and useless, cause i'm leaving here, 1 month past May.
So I sit and I stare out my window, sure i'm not stuck in monotony.
There's a big parking lot, and a few building tops, in between a big river and me.
Soon I'll get there and test the rough waters, once these obstacles are in my wake.
See that river is just tributary, to a larger and more satisfying stake.
Where possibilities, which seem so endless, as I-5 which i see from my view,
will breathe into our life, (yes both me AND my wife) something wonderfully fun to pursue.
So for now I will try to be happy, with the same people passing each day.
And perhaps i can still make a difference, by the things that I do, think, and say.
I heard foolish men hunt in the distance, for the happiness they truly seek.
But it's better to try and be wiser, and grow happiness right by your feet.
-Zach
3 comments:
Love the poem brother-- you must be REALLY bored at work these days. It's good to be restless though, shows you actually want to do something that your passionate about and not settle. Keep it coming bro!
I love it, Zach. Most people would have worked on that all day and it took you 10 minutes? I like your attitude.
Great thoughts Zach. Exciting times are coming, but your words have much wisdom for us all.
Post a Comment