


No, I haven't lost my touch. I'm still just developing it, I can't lose it yet! I was going to post a comment on the last blog to explain my culinary disaster but I decided I needed my very own blog to redeem myself.
For a wedding present Drew's mom and dad stocked our pantry. It was a very generous gift that we were very appreciative of. We still have a very full pantry of food from them. But it also came with these cookie and brownie mixes where you just add water and an egg or something, stir it up and bake away. Also a few boxes of Mac n' Cheese and Top Ramen or pasta salad in a box. All of which I despise.....especially cookie mixes from a little bag. It's a disgrace to my profession and talent and of course they don't taste nearly as good as the real thing.
But seeing as I have these things in my pantry I figure the way to get rid of them is to use them and Drew will of course eat them......well, when they look edible anyway. For some crazy reason my track record with these "easy to make" cookies and brownies or mac n' cheese has not been succesful. From soupy macaroni to flatter than a pancake cookies Drew and I are stumped. Why can I make a masterpiece from scratch but anytime I try to follow simple directions on the back of a box.......culinary disaster?! All the more reason for me to despise these rediculous...I don't even have a good word to describe them. May we all bake our OWN cookies, cook homemade macaroni and cheese, dice up our own vegetables for pasta salad instead of eating dehydtrated ones and never buy Top Ramen!
2 comments:
Luckily your reputation all ready preceeds you and is safe with us. Who needs box mixes when you can do the real thing sooo well.
And all this time I thought I was really accomplishing something when I made top ramen or macaroni and cheese. Curses! :)
Post a Comment