Thursday, April 19, 2007

Target was on fire yesterday

Yesterday as my shift was coming to an end black smoke began to fill up the Washington Square Target. We had to evacuate the building. I wish i had some kind of heroic story to tell about pulling two small children from the flames of death that were consuming the store. But i really don't. After we escorted all of the customers outside i did run upstairs to grab my bag and my keys so i wouldn't be stuck there all day like all of the other employees. So that is my exciting news. Stay safe!


This picture doesn't exactly show the "true" nature of the events that occurred...

2 comments:

Zach said...

Mr Scarbrough, you're still my hero. Without your selfless act, those keys and that bag could've have been left for hours of neglect.

I am curious about the source of said fire. Perhaps a little info on the aftermath too. What happened?

Colleen said...

I'm glad it wasn't too dangerous and that you are OK. I wonder if you get some unplanned time off and I too am curious how it started.