Wednesday, April 4, 2007

A True Country Western Wedding



I just thought you all might enjoy seeing a picture from Dustin & Kristi's wedding. It was very western as you can see by the steer head behind them. The reception was decorated with saddles and cowboy ropes and rusty milk cans, etc. All the men in the family wore black wranglers and boots with vests and Stetson cowboy hats on. It was just how Kristi wanted it and she was thrilled. Shawn played the guitar while she walked down the aisle. I enjoyed having a little more time with my family since the funeral trip was so quick. This was also a happier occasion. It was very different being there and Grandma Connie not there. We spent a lot of time in her home because Luke and Rowdy and their families stayed there so we'd go there and play games after their kids went to bed. It had the feel of our family reunions but an emptiness without grandma there. For now they are leaving her home as is and not taking anything out. They want people to be able to go there and enjoy the home with all of her stuff still there. I got to see all of Lynda's kids and spent a lot of time with them. They all asked about all of you.

2 comments:

Ksenia said...

Thanks for posting this blog. I cannot imagine what it would be like to have a wedding like that -- it's crazy! I'm really glad Kristi had everything just like she wanted it, she looks happy in the picture. The steer head is just... unbelievable, my eyes keep wandering back to it.

Anonymous said...

That is quite the Nevada wedding. But I wouldn't expect anything less. Although Alamo just isn't for me I still love visiting there and will always have fond memories from my childhood getting to visit Grandpa and Grandma on the ranch. It's great that so much family has stuck around there.