Well, the baby of the family is 18! It's hard to believe but here she is, all grown up! Does this sound like a mom writing this, or what? We had her traditional favorite meal (Homemade Pizza), sang "Happy Birthday" and blew out the candles on the birthday cake, and opened gifts at home with Mal, Beau, Dad and I. (Zach and Ksenia are still in Ukraine so we missed them being here like they usually would be.) Then dad and I were talking about the amazing cheesecake we had at the Cheesecake Factory last week and spur of the moment, we all decided to go there for dessert and save the cake for dessert some other time.

As you know, we all contributed to Mal getting the new "Nano" Ipod, but Beau had to order it and it didn't get here yet (hopefully, tomorrow!) While we were waiting for our table at the Cheesecake Factory we wandered down to the Apple Store in the Mall so Mal could actually hold and see what she will be getting for her birthday, once it gets here.
We finally got seated at the Cheesecake Factory and Beau had informed the waiters that it was Mal's birthday, so when they served the desserts (which were amazingly delicious, but none of us could finish them) they sang "Happy Birthday" to her.
So hopefully, you all feel like you are sharing a little bit in her birthday, even if you couldn't be here for it. She is so excited about the Nano, so thanks for all of you helping make it happen for her. (She also got a gift certificate to get her ears pierced, I-tunes money, the Empire Records DVD, a little gas money for her car, and a tuner for her guitar.) Her friends made a big banner in the commons announcing her birthday and brought her 18 cupcakes and gifts at school, so she's had a fun day. She also loved hearing from those of you who were in the country and could call.
We just heard from Hollie tonight that Kaedi and Marc had there baby girl today on Mal's birthday! What great news!
Happy Birthday, Mal!
4 comments:
MAL!!! 18!! We totally thought about you today and wish we had been with you to celebrate. Come see us and I'll make you a yummy cake then!!
So, we wanted to do something in honor of your birthday so I tried my very first non-alcoholic beer. They call it Kvas here in Ukraine. It was gross, but at least I can say I drank a cold one just for you:)
Mal, Happy Birthday! We sure thought of you on your special day (it is also my grandma's birthday, and when I told her -- she was really cute and excited and wanted me to tell you "happy birthday" from her)
Holy Toledo!! I can't believe Mal is 18!!! That makes me REALLY old.
Happy Birthday Mal!
Post a Comment