So we managed to find our way to this trashy basement internet cafe down a smokefilled alleyway here the town where ksenia grew up. It was right down the street from her grandma's place the whole time and we didn't know it. Sorry for the lack of blog posts while we've been out. needless to say we have been very busy and even if i had known about it earlier I'm not sure I woul'dve had time to post much.
We are just about to catch a train from drohobych back to Kiev where we will be spending our last day in Ukraine. We fly out Tuesday at around 1:30 Kiev time and arrive at home around midnight Portland time.
Sorry once again fro the lack of info. I can give you some highligts real quick.
-Tours of Kievian Cathedrals
-Independence Square
-Train rides from Kiev to Lviv
-Way more food than I should be eating at every Babushka's house (Baba Sonya, Baba Stacia, Baba Invanka)
-A personal guided tour by the one and only Ksenia, through Drohobych.
-Walking to Zaheria
-Tours of Lviv with Orko and his Grandmother
-Markets filled with art, clothes, souviniers, and absolute junk.
Sunday, September 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hey, it's so good to hear from you!!! I've been checking every day but realized you're probably busier than you realized you'd be and internet is not as convenient. It's great to get a little preview and we look forward to the longer version when you get home. Glad you're having a good time. Be safe coming home!
I was just thinking of you guys today and wondering how the trip's going. Pictured you two holding hands and walking through cathedrals, Zach in a kakhi blazer and jeans, Ksenia with her camera. Can't wait for picts and stories.
Post a Comment