Monday, September 3, 2007

Lviv and Portland...Sister Cities 2008...

I had the opportunity to play this song at the Ukrainian Independence Day festival yesterday and thought it would be fun to post here. The performance was not flawless but it started and ended well, so I don't think many people remember the screw up part. I'm a little disappointed in the video quality... but that is file compression for you.



After I was done, some guy from the Ukrainian Bank of Portland came up to me and started spelling out all his plans to start a Lviv and Portland Sister city event next summer and he wants me to perform at it. He was sort of drunk so I don't know what was true or not. But I gave him my email anyway.

Also for your listening enjoyment, the actual version of the song I played, called Odna Kalyna.



More on Ukrainian Independence Day later.

3 comments:

Nastia said...

Zach, you were the best part of the whole thing. I'd like to point out that there was an encore and Zach sang the song again. And everyone cheered forever. Yay.

But that banker guy was the sleaziest person I've met. He asked me to dance and I just kept praying the song would be over or that mom or dad with come bail me out, but no such luck.

Ksenia said...

Zach rocked the day, for sure. He is like the cool guy in the group of a bunch of mildly cool Ukrainians.

The banker was definitely a phony and I'm glad I got out of there without dancing with him. He also had a very interesting balding pattern.

Verenice said...

Zach,

You could have fooled me that you aren't Ukrainian. That sounded great!