Friday, September 7, 2007

Inside Intel...


I pictured this big formal event. I walk into a conference room where there is a long dark wood table with chairs surrounding it. At one end is my boss, a dozen official looking HR representatives in pinstripe suits wearing sunglasses sit at the chairs on either side of the table. I take a seat in the vacant chair on the opposite side of the table from my boss. My knees begin to knock together, the sound is only drowned out by the chatter of my nervous teeth. Before I can speak, the boss begins barraging me with "opportunities" and "constructive criticisms" that totally debase and deflate me till I am merely a luke warm puddle in my chair... if left unchecked my imagination can take me to some pretty scary places.

Luckily, what really happened was far from the concoctions of my self-destructive daydreams. Instead of a barrage of insults, it was a buffer of praise. Rather than leaving feeling like a puddle of cowards urine, I left feeling worthy of the job offer they placed before me. It's nice to feel wanted.

We feel very blessed and grateful for this offer. I haven't accepted it yet, but all signs are pointing towards 3-5 years with Intel as I try to carve a out career for myself in the business world.

In the mean time I will be working with the same group I interned with this summer, part time and remotely, while I finish school. Another great blessing.

5 comments:

Travis said...

Woo Hoo! Couldn't be prouder of you man. Nicely done.

DustLinz Anderson Family said...

Zach, that's AWESOME!! Congrats!

Colleen said...

I love the way you write, Zach! I hope you know how excited and proud of you Dad and I are. I just knew you could do it!!!

Anonymous said...

Zach congrats on the offer! You rock bro! Love you!

Zach said...

Did nobody notice the size of my of my tongue in this picture?!?