Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Hellooooooo!



Well, it has been too long since I've blogged so here I am. I thought it was about time to update everyone on the life of the Scarbroughs in the Provo bubble. Drew is LOVING BYU and is so glad he isn't at PSU anymore. We definitely feel like this is where we iare supposed to be right now and he's trying to figure out what he would really like to study while here at BYU. He's still thinking about advertising and marketing but has taken quite a bit of interest in the Business program specifically in Finance. For now, he will get the rest of his GE's out of the way.
As for me, I am actually not going to school anymore. It was a surprise to both Drew and I but we felt prompted that I am supposed to be persuing my pastry chef/cake decorating passions as well as getting experience in the degree I already have. I have been hesitant to share this news with all you but I also know that I am doing whats right for me and we can't question that. I am continually learning more and more about following the spirit and I am trying to gain more confidence in myself and the things I can do. Drew has been a big help with that as always. I think I have to get a "pump me up" talk from him like..oh daily, having him tell me that I can do anything I want to do and be good at it. More than anything I know that I just need to have faith in Heavenly Father and know that he has given me certain talents for a reason and I need to use them.
So now I'm looking for a job and brainstorming ways to get myself out in the cake decorating world. Not too long from now I should be famous. haha Anywho, thats all I have for now. We love you all and miss you. We are excited to hear about Zach and Ksenias trip to Ukraine!

6 comments:

Zach said...

Hai Sue, Thanks for the news. Though I am always a proponent of persuiing the maximum amount of education, we have all known that you have definite talent with your culinary training. Can't really argue with a spiritual prompting. Take what you are good at and be the absolute best at it.........
Just don't let the relief society exploit your mad skills. There is a fine line between serving the church and being a slave to enrichment night dinners.

Ksenia said...

I'm seconding Zach in every aspect. I think more education is always great, especially at a place like BYU, but you ARE a great baker and I'm glad you're persuing that.

Seriously, don't let Relief Society exploit you. I mean, dentists have a gift of fixing teeth... but they don't offer up their services on a monthly bases to all church members for free.

Travis said...

Life is too short not to live it your own way. Best of luck, let me know if I can help.

Colleen said...

Go for it Hailey! We're behind you all the way! I love you!

Melissa said...

We love you, Hai! I admire your courage your follow your heart. Good luck, Sis!

Melissa said...

Umm...yeah. You know what I meant..:)