http://www.epicurious.com/cooking/healthy/articles/portions1/ This is a link to an article I read on one of my favorite websites I use to get new recipes, etc. It's epicurious.com which is related to the Bon Apetit magazine as well as the Gourmet magazine. I read this article and wanted to share it with you all. Just click on the link to get to it. Maybe you guys aren't as interested in this as me. I read a lot of food articles especially related to health and whenever I read ones about the giant portion sizes of America I don't think I necessarily learn anything I didn't already know but its always a good reminder for me and gets my mind going. Portion distortion was one of the most commonly discussed subjects in all my culinary classes and seems to be something I've become pretty passionate about. It is INSANE the size of meals restaraunts serve these days and how much people get used to eating large and incharge servings. Anywho, I've gotta go watch 24! Happy reading! Happy reading, let me know what you guys think.
Monday, January 29, 2007
Portion Distortion
http://www.epicurious.com/cooking/healthy/articles/portions1/ This is a link to an article I read on one of my favorite websites I use to get new recipes, etc. It's epicurious.com which is related to the Bon Apetit magazine as well as the Gourmet magazine. I read this article and wanted to share it with you all. Just click on the link to get to it. Maybe you guys aren't as interested in this as me. I read a lot of food articles especially related to health and whenever I read ones about the giant portion sizes of America I don't think I necessarily learn anything I didn't already know but its always a good reminder for me and gets my mind going. Portion distortion was one of the most commonly discussed subjects in all my culinary classes and seems to be something I've become pretty passionate about. It is INSANE the size of meals restaraunts serve these days and how much people get used to eating large and incharge servings. Anywho, I've gotta go watch 24! Happy reading! Happy reading, let me know what you guys think.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
The bigger the better baby!!!
Hailey, thank you for posting this article. I too am really passionate about nutrition and I enjoyed reading that info. I remember being so baffled by the portion sizes when we first moved here. The restaurants and even stores can charge little for food that has long shelf life. Food with preservatives and other chemicals is pretty cheap, so we pile it on. Our bodies can't process those preservatives, they slow down and clog our systems. Aside from not moving around enough, this is the biggest reason why America is overwheight. I'm totally going off! Anyway, a website I really like that has the nutritious facts of most fruits, vegies, meats, fish and grains as well as many "very healthy" recipes is called "Worlds Healthiest Foods". Some of the recipes are a little too healthy for me :) If you click on "eathing healthy" and then on the left hand side you click on WHFoods List, you'll find LOTS of useful info. Anyway, thanks again. The website is www.whfoods.org Let's all eat a little more healthy!
Just wanted to leave a lin to thisarticle in addition to my previous post.
Post a Comment