Friday, January 26, 2007

Sandy and Maria's Performance


Alright. For the benefit of all those (maybe just me) who have no bloody clue who Sandy and Maria are, perhaps someone could inform me so I can properly enjoy the pictures on our Fotki site :)

And I just really wanted to blog since I hadn't in a while. Later.

5 comments:

Zach said...

I'll let Ksenia field this one.

Ksenia said...

Sorry, I should have explained. Sandy has been a really good friend of mine (for most of the time we've known each other we used the term "best friend") since the first day of 8th grade. We're still really close. She's this amazing fluit player with tons of schollarships, world travel and recognition. She plays 6 hours a day most days... anyway, her accompanist is Maria from Moscow who lives where Sandy goes to school (Harttford). Every year at Christmas time Sandy flies home with Maria and they put together a concert at The Old Church downtown Portland. This concert is advertized in the paper and all that. It was very well attended this year. I took a few pictures at the reception that took place after this event. Maria went to Russia a week after the concert and wanted to show her family the pictures. She asked me to post them on the internet and Fotki was the only place I could think of that was easy to do... Zach and I have hung out with Maria a few times. She's pretty cool, I promise. So I hope it's ok they're taking up the fraction of memory on our picture site :]

Ksenia said...

P.S. Your blog post did crack me up though.

Travis said...

So they're famous Ksenia-friends! Now I can fully enjoy! They sound amazing. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

I know who Maria and Sandy are. I just wanted to say welcome back Trav, its been too long since you've posted on the blog!