Thursday, December 13, 2007

All About Meeeeeeeee

For lack of a more specific forum, I'll answer here Ksenia's tagging me (on her awesome photo blog to share 6 not-commonly-known things about myself). Not as exotic as some of her soggy-eyeballed responses, but:

1. I am very disconcerted by midgets. In fact, they really bother and scare me. I mean, come on:


2. I've had a tooth bloodily yanked from my mouth. With a washcloth. Luckily, a baby tooth: my first, in fact. Here is a photo of my brother the assailant.


3. I have a shameful crush on the 19-century Russian short story master Anton Chekhov:

I do NOT have a crush on my favorite poet, Rainer Maria Rilke (who Jane was almost named after):


4. After NOT making captain (but making first dance team lieutenant) I was voted Best Tigerette of the Year in my high school, Best Dancer in a state-wide dance competition, and Best Dancer at Dance Officer camp.


5. I used to play piccolo solos in band, and was expected to receive a full-ride college scholarship on my playing.


6. In college, my professor was trying to make a point that a small Mensa-esque percentage in the world actually has a photographic memory, and he asked the crowded classroom if anyone there had a photographic memory. I, not quite paying attention, raised my hand. I wondered why no one else raised their hands. I wondered why my professor blew air out of his closed lips, frowned, and waved a dismissive hand my way. Hindsight, I had thought he meant Who in the class is a visual learner. Oops.


Am I supposed to tag someone? I tag: Bob.

6 comments:

{jane} said...

Best dancer, wow, I'm SO impressed!!! And the Picolo, you joined the right family! Here, I thought, you were an "English-writer" guru through and through. I think God had you on his "favorites" list. :-)

Margaret Everton said...

Jane, hi!

An English writer GEEK and NO match for Kiana: that girl can DANCE!!

Drew said...

crazy margaret, i do not do well with midgets as well. It is funny, because there is nothing i am really that scared of but my list consist of two things:
1. Midgets
2. Rats (i think its their tails)

Zach said...

Mar, you are awesome. I cannot believe you made all those honors on dance team! That is REALLY awesome. I'm not gonna lie, Chekhov has a charm about him. And finally, Drew, you should really give rats a chance.

Margaret Everton said...

Seriously, Drew. Rats were responsible for, oh say, the PLAGUE, and midgets are responsible for, well, just wierd circus skits.

Ksenia said...

That comment was definitely by me, not Zach. I think Chekhov has a charm about him... I'd be kinda weird if Zach did. And I like rats, the domesticated kind.