Tuesday, May 15, 2007

All my stories...

I've been sitting here for an hour trying to come up with something clever to say about the CD release last Saturday.... but all words are seeming to fail me right now. For some reason, it just doesn't seem like the words Blog, and Rock'n Roll really go together. So I will post some pictures and leave it at that. Wish you all could've been there. Hopefully next time you all can :)

The week before the show we did this a couple of times.... stood on a free way on ramp and "begged" people to come to our show... actually there was no begging going on at all... really we were handing out free demos with our show information printed on them (a nice flier/cd courtesy of Greg's new cd duplicator). Even if they didn't want a CD people laughed, took pictures, and even rolled down their windows to yell "I like your marketing plan". It was a good time. We plan on doing it more often.Our good friend Steve Hammond opened up the show with his sweet acoustic grooves under the guise of his alias "Borderline Awkward". It's fun to play with friends.After Steve, some other friends Mangfald (apparently it means "diversity" in some European language). These kids are still in High School, Hill High School to be exact. We played with them for the first time about a year ago, when they were still brand new. They have come a long way. They remind me of us at that age in a lot of ways.
When we booked this band they were under the name Hope all is Well... the night of the show they changed their name to The Forgiven. They are extremely emo, and extremely Christian rock. Some good ideas, but mostly they were just really loud and really repetitive. The guy we know in this band (the lead guy with the acoustic guitar, Ryan) has been singing the same melody over the same chords for ten years.... he's consistent, I'll give him that.






















Dan Blaisdell (Greg's brother)Played Keys for us, so technically we're up to 5 members now. He hasn't officially joined the ranks, but nobody would mind if he did. We played through all 13 songs, and then the audience honored us with an encore.... angel pumping gas... of course. All night I couldn't help but feel grateful for all the people who supported us through the long hard road to getting this CD out. I hope you like it.Thanks to Ksenia for taking the pictures.

11 comments:

Ksenia said...

The show was absolutely great! I had such a rockin' good time. Wish you could have all been there. It's interesting to see the pictures that Zach picked out, because out of the 400 or so that I took, there are endless possibilities.

Aren't blogs just so much more entertaining when they contain a lot of pictures?

Zach said...

Blogs are also more interesting when people comment on the things that are posted. Thanks for the love.

I forgot to mention that if you want to get your copy of the new CD you can order it here.

Ksenia said...

Yes, in fact, blogs are not only lame but rather pointless without comments. If one wanted to simply write down their feelings or experiences then he or she would do so in their private journal and not post it for the world to see. The appeal of blogs really lies in the fact that opinions and feelings can be shared and exchanged via comments.

Kaedi said...

Congrats!!! I am so excited for you guys! I have to tell you, Marc loves your music and I often hear him singing tunes off your CD when he's doing stuff around the house, er, I mean tiny apartment. It is cute. You've got two huge fans in NY!!! And I love that the encore was Angel Pumping Gas! Rad.

Anonymous said...

We wish so badly that we could have been there Z! I'm glad the party was a success and can't wait to get that cd in my hands and playing in the car, on our computer and on my ipod. You guys Rock and you always have. It's amazing what you guys can do. I'm proud of my rock n' roll bro who can throw down the tunes like no other. haha I love you! Once again, I wish we could have been there and sorry I didn't call you to wish you luck.....work got in the way of that.

Colleen said...

We were so excited to be at the show. Dad and I couldn't help but reminisce (I'm really not sure how to spell that)all evening about how far you guys have come and how much we have enjoyed watching the process over the years. It was an amazing show and had such an energy and excitement there. I wish all of you could have been there. I am so proud of you, Zach, and I'm so glad you can live your passion for music in this way. I never get tired of hearing you and never quit feeling proud to be your mom.

Melissa said...

Sounds like we missed ourselves quite a party! We were so sad we could not be there but I hope you felt the Garvin Family sending you well wishes and cheering you on. I thought about the event several times at work wishing I was there instead of listening to my co-workers tell stories about their pets and cruise pet lover websites to choruses of "Oooooh..." and "That is so precious." (It is seriously crazy how much they love animals...but that is another blog.) Anyway, we are hoping to procure ourselves one of these much celebrated and anticipated CD's ASAP. Rock on, my Brother!

Travis said...

I love the pics-- really wish I could have been there. Rock on Brother!

Nastia said...

Ah! You played 'Angel Pumping Gas' and I MISSED IT! I'm such a jerk.

Dad E. said...

The CD release show was great and the CD is the best ever. It now is on my iPOD as the most played album. I have to hand it to the band, it was worth the wait. Success.

Travis said...

Wow-- I am in love with the new album. Mar and I couldn't stop smiling through the whole thing-- we're so proud of you man! If you can't get Political Satire or Over Me on the radio, then the system seriously sucks. Rock on LP, and Rock on Bro-- we love you!