Thursday, May 24, 2007

PROMo

FAMILY!!!!! Guess who's finally done with AP testing and has actual time to get on the blog and have a life in general-- MALLORY!!! And it feels so good. Badoop badoop. Anyway, in my first official post I decided to include a snazzy little prom promo I cooked up for the news the other day-- just one of the many projects I've done for my Studio Production class this year. Anyway, I made it in like a day, so it's pretty raw and not exactly perfect, but enjoy. I love you guys!

19 comments:

Melissa said...

Mallory, Mallory, Mallory...our blog is now complete! Welcome! You have got to feel like a brand new woman. Your Prom clip was hilarious and the Grace Kelley song is totally stuck in my head. Man, our morning announcements were so boring! Keep the blogs and video clips coming. Love ya, Sis!

Zach said...

Wow... i got all nostalgic when I was watching that. I remember when Greg and I used to do everything we could to make the morning announcement better. We would write songs, bring in guitars, write mellow-dramas... Once I even recorded something and we played it on a boombox while Mrs. Loughner held the Microphone up to the speakers... Yeah... that's what I call Hi-Tech. With that one afternoon and that camera you have single handedly outdone high school me.... and I'm alright with that :)

Nastia said...

Hey, that video is awesome! It would be cool if you put "PROM- Get your groove on" or something like that at the end to tie it in with the video. Anyway, that's my two cents. I thoroughly enjoyed watching this though.

Ksenia said...

oh man oh man... our morning announcements were really lame. I would have loved some real entertainment like this. Video is great, you guys even convinced me to go to your prom. Nastia and I watched it together and I agree that "Prom, get your groove on" would have been clever because you guys demonstrated how to get the groove on so amasingly. Great job Mal and keep 'em coming.

Ksenia said...

Ok, so I watched it 8 more times and decided that the very beginning part was my favorite. Mallory, your solo groovin' is priceless. The arm motions and facial expressions are very appropriate.

Zach said...

Get your groove on... eh... not bad... hows about... Prom: Get you Some!

Dad E. said...

Our morning announcements came around by pony express....paper. What I can't believe is that you did all this on a tripod mounted camera. Just amazing.

Margaret Everton said...

Okay, I want to go to your prom.

Colleen said...

Our morning announcements at good ol' Pahranagat Valley High School in Alamo were NON-EXISTANT. It was all word of mouth which took about 15 minutes... Mal, you never cease to amaze me! What an amazing job! I'm forever excited to see what you'll do next!

Anonymous said...

Mal, dude that was awesome. And CONGRATS on being done with AP testing. I wish I was still there to celebrate the excitement of free time with you since I witness the very busy and stressed Mal studying every minute she had. It all pays off in the end!!!! Congrats again Mal. I'm proud of you and all that you do. You show us all up!

Anonymous said...

P.S. Z since I know you'll read this or maybe it was Ksenia....I've been digging the color changes on the blog!

Drew said...

i was laughing most at Colleen's comment....

zach..that was dirty

Mallory i miss you
LOVE Drew

Margaret Everton said...

Sweet Sweet Mallory-- nicely done. I think my wife wants to go to prom with your leading man! Who sings that song-- very Mercury. Freedom after AP-- live it up. And welcome back (to) the blog.

Margaret Everton said...

P.S. That last comment was from Travis

Zach said...

drew...i think your mind is in the gutter...i was talking about getting you some PROM... so for the record my mind and post... was clean... but also for the record... my wife thought it was dirty too.

Mal said...

Haha, thanks for the suggestions, guys! I'm glad you liked it. If the promo goes out again next week, I'll be sure to make some alterations to the last titles. But, Zach, although I know your heart was not in a dirty place when you suggested "get you some," I fear that the guttered minds of my fellow students will run rampant with that statement if I put it in the promo. Sorry, haha. Oh, and by the way, the artist in the video is Mika-- very Mercury, indeed! I miss ya too, Drew! And thanks for the warm AP wishes, everyone- although, there are still prayers to be said-- Mostly the kind that are along the lines of, "Please bless that all Mallory's tests will miraculously be altered to completely correct while being shipped," or "Please grant Mallory with a dizzy AP grader who gives her a high score because they can't see the key correctly." Now those are just template prayers, feel free to get creative, but prayers like that would be great. (Hey, everybody! Look at me, getting on the blog twice in three days! Are ya proud?!)

Mal said...

...Um. I have a quick family-blog-etiquette question. Am I allowed to make comments on my own posts? I hope so. Bahaha.

Margaret Everton said...

Self-commenting... You just want to have the most comments out of any postings. Kidding. The comment discourse is one of the most entertaining parts of the Everton blog...

Anonymous said...

ok so Mal I have watched that thing like 20 times I LOVE it. It makes me laugh and smile and....yeah I like it. Well done!