Thursday, May 31, 2007

The Garvins are moving to the Rock Creek Ward!

Yes, it's true! The Garvins have decided to move closer to family... actually it is only 30 minutes closer, but closer nonetheless. At exactly 5:07 yesterday evening we became the proud owners of a beautiful home in Maple Valley, Washington (pending no problems with inspection and processing the loan.) We are so excited to have found a house we LOVE in a neighborhood we LOVE at a price we can afford! It was built in 2002, has 3 bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms, wood flooring in the kitchen and entryway, a beautifully landscaped backyard with a deck, and even a little garden! It is located in a cul-de-sac and is within walking distance of 3 neighborhood parks. We have heard good things about the ward, and rumor has it there are about 10 LDS families in our neighborhood. We have already met several of our neighbors and they seem very friendly and have kids close to Kayla and McKay's age. We still cannot believe that this home is actually ours, but we feel very strongly that this is where we are supposed to raise our kids for the next several years. We are so grateful for the guidance we have recieved from our Heavenly Father in this process. Kayla and McKay are still going to share a room, so we have an office/playroom/guest bedroom available for anyone who wants to come and visit our new place. We will be closing on the house July 16th and moving in on the 19th so unfortunately we will be missing the Everton Reunion this year. We hope everyone understands and we will try and make it next year. Oh, as we said in the title our ward really is called the Rock Creek Ward and our kids are going to be attending Rock Creek Elemantary School which I think is so crazy! So here are a couple more pictures of the house. We love you all!









9 comments:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS! I am SO excited for you guys. The home looks beautiful. Its a place you guys definitely deserve and its your turn. Wish I could come up and help you guys move in. I hope everything goes smoothly. We can't wait to visit....although we have no idea when that will be. Love you!

Anonymous said...

P.S. You totally had me going with that title....

Dad E. said...

Beautiful home. We'll join you in prayers of graditude. How exciting. We look forward to visiting the new digs.

Zach said...

My wife is going to be so jealous... er covetous... er happy for you.

Colleen said...

I am so excited for you. What great news! I can't wait to see it!!!

Margaret Everton said...

Congratulations. I know you'll make some great memories there.

Travis said...

Wow, it looks perfect. Congratulations! And happy moving!

Ksenia said...

WOW WOW WOW! That's totally awesome! I am so happy for you guys (not jelous, that Zach is gonna get it). You definitely deserve a nice place like that.

Kaedi said...

I wish you could have incorporated Kayla's stuffed animal cat into the post. Oh well, I'll just blog about it I guess.

In the meantime, CONGRATS!!! I'm so excited for you guys!