
I completely agree with Zach's post. I get questions about the fact that I have two kids, and I am only 27. People don't seem to understand how great it is to have an amazing wife, and two brilliant children. I am not sure where I would be without them.
Not to completely change the subject....but I wanted to throw out an idea for a family activity this Saturday night. I know that the Philly Evertons don't have a lot of time in town, so this event could be a little much to tackle because it would take up too much prime hang-out time on a Saturday. I will just throw this out there, and we can see if anyone is interested.
My good friend Casey Gonzalez called me up a few weeks ago to tell me about a new hobby he has taken up. Casey is the kind of person that picks up a new hobby, and becomes a virtual pro. He doesn't simply dabble in his selected activity....he goes at it 100 miles an hour. In the time I have known him he has gotten very into golf, cooking, rock climbing, cycling, dirtbike racing, & painting. So...a few weeks ago I spoke with him, and he informed me that he had been training in mixed martial arts. From my understanding mixed martial arts is like the ultimate fighting championship style of fighting. He trains at a gym almost every day, and said that he could have a real fight in a few weeks, It just so happens that the fight is scheduled for Saturday night in Corvallis.
I know that Cage Fighting is probably not a fun-for-the-whole-family kind of event, and the crowd in attendence could resemble that of the old Hillsboro Arcade. Nonetheless, I plan on going to support Casey, and I am very curious to see if he is as scary as I think he would be in the ring...or cage or whatever. If anyone is interested in going I would love to have you along.
Let me know what you think...
6 comments:
Kimball, Drew and I are down with the cage fighting action...except we were wondering if maybe you could get Casey to come do a cage fight in Las Vegas because thats the only way we could attend. Make it happen ok!
I find this whole thing very intrigueing.... pre-discussion with my wife I'd like to say I am in... but that is tentative. More details will be needed. I've never been to corvallis. How long is the drive and how long will we be down there?
I would ABSOLUTELY be in if we were getting in on time. We won't hit P-town till 8:30 PM or so. Hate to miss out, but you guys have a blast.
I am SO ALL ABOUT THIS. Because of this phone release I am stuck at work but may be able to get off early let me know the details because I would LOVE to go.
I'll tend any grandkids that need to be tended!
The event starts at 7 PM, and Casey is the 6th fight (I believe). I think we would need to leave no later than 5:00 to be there in time. I am guessing we would be back sometime around midnight.
One other imortant thing to note is that the entrance fee is rather steep at $25.
Beau....if you can get out of work it would be great to have you along!
Post a Comment