I sent you all an email about this but decided to post it on the blog also to cover all my bases.
Sunday, Jane is going to be blessed in our ward at 1:00 p.m. for sure. Also, it was McKay's birthday on Thursday. Melissa should be joining us Sunday evening, so I thought we could have a family dinner and celebration for Jane and McKay that night. Plan on dinner around 6:30.
We have this wonderful opportunity to be together while Travis and Margaret are here. I know some have to work off and on (and some can't be here -- Hailey & Drew :( but here are a list of ideas I had as I've been brainstorming about fun things we can do while they are here. Let me know if any of these sound good to you and when you will be available so we can plan accordingly:
* Visit our new Trader Joes
* Visit my new favorite toy store - "Let's Play" in Hillsboro
* Go to Hillsboro Farmer's Market - Tuesday evening between 5:00 and 8:00 p.m.
* Girl's lunch out @ Stafford House in Hillsboro (this is kind of a quaint girlie place to go to lunch -- decorated in antiques, meal served on antique china and silverware, etc.)
* Swimming in Grandma's backyard (I just purchased a blow-up kiddie pool and it's supposed to get a little hot next week so lots of swimming in our backyard!)
*Play on the play structure in Washington Square Mall (to get out of the heat)
* Visit the Peachy Pig Farm with grandkids (a farm that lets you take your kids around and pet their farm animals and you can buy fresh produce.)
*OMSI - they are supposed to have this amazing exhibit right now on the human anatomy (I'll find out more information about it)
*Movie - Ratatouie (sp?) The new animated film coming out this weekend that is getting rave reviews. I thought maybe most of the grandkids would enjoy it, too.)
* Mad Greek - for lunch (of course, Travis)
* Fireworks @ Oak Hills Park or buy our own and let off in cul-de-sac (or both?) They announced in our Relief Society announcements that Oak Hills Park has a pretty good fireworks show on the 4th of July and they are fairly close.
* Day at the coast
* Cook-outs on the deck
* Go berry picking
* Game nights (Settlers of Cataan?) after kids are in bed
* Pirates Park with the grandkids (this is a cute little park in a nearby neighborhood that has play structures like pirate ships, etc.)
* Grandma & Grandpa tend grandkids while siblings and spouses go out for the evening. (THIS ONE IS FOR SURE!)
Let me know what sounds good to you and let me know if you have any suggestions to add to this list that I've left out.
It's going to be a fun week!!!
Thursday, June 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
The OMSI thing is called Body Worlds III. It should be pretty cool. Ksenia and I have been wanting to go, but we figured that we'd wait to get a group there. It's going to be hard to get time off next week but you can plan on us being avaialable for evening activities pretty much every day.
We were thinking of doing a night at this Moroccan Restaurant called Marakesh, it's like $18 a plate for a 5 course meal that is just heavenly... mmmmm... good stuff. We could hit up Powell's that night also, seeing as the Gparents are watching the rugrats.
There's more to talk about, but those were the impoortant points.
All of this sounds soooo fun. We can't wait to come and see you guys! Par-tay.
Don't worry Colleen, while you guys have all that fun ill make sure the citizens of Las Vegas are protected from them nasty bugs.....which i LOVE doing so much!!! (Can you feel the sarcasm??)
I really wish we could come...
I had to put a few cents in for Body World. If it is the same exhibit that has been here in NY for the past year or so, you guys are going to love it! It was absolutely incredible.
I just have to say that I wish I was in Oregon right now. That to-do list looks so fun! My to-do list for the week includes working 10 to 10 on the 4th and no doubt taking care of burned fingers. Awesome.
Post a Comment