
... this picture was taken. I can't believe that was one year ago... wow!
I'm sitting here waiting for Ksenia to get ready so we can hit up the Portland version of Tucano's for dinner tonight, and I thought it would be a good time to just let everybody know how happy I am that I married Ksenia. This year has flown by. Having Ksenia here with me, instead of in Utah, has been the key to my happiness and optimism which I often attribute to the rapid passing of time. We've spent the last year helping each other through school, frustrating jobs, challenging church callings, and life without a car. Could've been the longest year of my life, but with Ksenia around I'm always sure that the next fork in the road is going to be that much more encouraging and exciting.... and it makes the weird and windy roads we travel (on foot, and now on bicycle) that much more enjoyable.
Since I started a new job a last week I have had the opportunity to reveal to a lot of people that I am married. A lot of the guys that are my age ask me what it is like, and all I can tell them is... It's Great! Before Ksenia there was very little spice to my life, very little to get excited about, or riled up about... just plain passionate about. Like the song says (you gotta love a guy who quotes his own lyrics) there is just a whole lot more color in my life when she is around. I don't know what I would do without her. One year ago today... I was happy.... but man, I had no idea how good it really gets... and it's getting better all the time...
6 comments:
Congrats you guys, what a great year with so many things to be thankful for. Ksenia, I'm so glad you married my brother and have made him happier than I have ever seen him before. I love you guys! Happy Anniversary!
Happy Anniversary! You guys are so great together! I can't believe it has been a year already...Best wishes for the years to come! We love you guys!
LOVE the photo. You guys rock.
Happy Anniversary you guys!
What a great year it has been. I knew I would love Ksenia as a daughter-in-law, but I had no idea how much. Anyone who can make my son that happy, you can't help but love. You are amazing Ksenia and you have brought so many wonderful things to our family. I thought I would be sad as my kids grew up and got married, but I had no idea how much better it gets because they add such wonderful spouses to our family and make it that much better. I love you all so much! Happy Anniversary, Zach and Ksenia!
:) I love you Zach!
Post a Comment